First Aid & All Things Medical:
Pharmacies won't be open or at best they will be depleted under a loss of infrastructure.
Those dependent on medicine need to stock enough of their drug to get past a short
interruption of supply and they need to get smart on alternative resources to treat their
Here is a great article on performing triage during an MCI (Multiple Casualty Incident). The link
will take you to the article on SurvivalBlog.com which is a great site for a lot of great information.
Things you don't think about - Items we don't usually keep in our home first-aid kit would be
greatly appreciated under adverse times. Here's a short list:
* Heat rash treatment such as "Anti Monkey Butt Powder" and "Butt Paste"
* Benadryl for allergy, itch, bee sting, sleep aid
* Oscillococcinum, this is "gold" for supressing early flu like symptoms
* Bag Balm for hands and Lip Balm (Chapstick or your favorite) for lips
* Organic vinegar = dilluted for cough and sore throat, many other uses
This is far from a complete list but it gets you thinking on the right track. Keep thinking.
Expanding a Band-Aid Box - We're finding that our old first-aid box just isn't going to be
Many over-the-counter medications are virtual life savers when sickness comes. Simple
analgesics like aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen can offer relief and fever suppression
while anti-diarrhea and laxatives can mean the difference of life or death. The two most
deadly medical conditions that commonly lead to death are constipation and dehydration.
Simple medications with the knowledge of how to administer them are vital. MORE